56 Things to Do in Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai is very interesting and has many things to offer for any age and interest group. Particularly appealing qualities of the city are the the friendliness of the people, the lushness and diversity of nature, the fascinating cultural and history status of Chiang Mai, the extensive shopping opportunities and last but not least the delicious food.
Following is a incomplete list of activities to undertake in Chiang Mai. The Ban Sabai Village would be very happy to assist you in organizing any of these (or other) activities. We are sure you will have a good time and enjoy exploring Chiang Mai and its surrounding. Ensure enough time to discover some of the many interesting activities here in Chiang Mai.
1. Traditional Thai massage, Chiang Mai World Capital of Traditional Massage
- Foot massage 60 min.
- Aroma Oil massage
- Aroma Therapy
- Traditional herbal sauna, face mask
- Health Courses and Massage Lessons
- Chinese Massage
- Chinese Massage Training Course, Reflexology (foot massage) (min 40 hrs)
- Chinese Massage Training Course, Traditional (acupuncture) (min 160 hrs)
- Traditional Thai massage (min 10 days)
- Learn the secrets of traditional Thai massage 5 hours per day for 10 days,
- you receive a certificate.
2. Energy Balancing Treatments (non-invasive)
- Asian Bio-Energetics: balancing with acupuncture diagnostics, magnet
- Tibetan breathng, Reiki treatment (all levels) by traditional
- Reiki Master with long experience 1 - 2 hrs
3. Retreats, Workshops
- Asian Bio-Energetcis : acupuncture diagnostics, magnet + piezo therapy, Tibetan breathing 5 days (3 hrs per day)
- Reiki training (all levels) by traditional Reiki Master with long experience 5 hours
- Retreats at the International healing Tao Garden. Courses are designed for all levels.
- A - Ancient Arts of balancing energy
- Ancient Arts of balancing energy, holistic therapies that address the body, mind and spirit
- going beyond symptoms.
- B - Hathayoca lessons (half day)
- Hathayoca lessons take place in a beautiful, natural environment to relax your mind and strengthen your spirit.
- C -Quantum Healing (min 1-1.5 hrs)
- Quantum Healing, Aura-Chakra Balancing, Contemporary Meditations and Spiritual Life
- D -Meditation lessons
- Wat Rum Pueng or Wat Umong, meditation lessons (10 days)
- E -Universal energy healing (half day)
- Universal energy healing at Wat Jedi Luang
- A fully appointed luxury spa at award winning Lanna Spa, the Regent Resort
- Ban Sabai Spa at Ban Sabai Village Resort & Spa, Spa Packages, Rejuvenation and health packages available
6. Fitness Center
- Chiang Mai Sport Club
- World Club fitness Center, Hang Dong Road.
- For more information please contact reception
7. Cycling & Kayaking (full day)
- Exciting day of cycling to Sri Lanna National Park and paddling kayaks on Mae Ngat Lake
- Reservoir including a mouth-watering Lanna lunch on a bamboo floating raft house.
8. Mountain bike (full day)
- Discover the beautiful countryside surrounding Chiang Mai on back roads close to the river, ride through tranquil villages and pass shimmering rice paddies. Taking time out to visit
- Buddhist temples and see the local people at work in the fields.
9. Enduro Motorcycle Tours (1-3 days)
- Beautiful scenery along dirt roads for having fun, as well as luxurious hotels and resorts to clean up and relax in the evening make northern Thailand a top destination for a great adventure holiday.
10. Lisu Lodge Adventure (full day)
- 1 hour drive from town is Lisu Lodge. Enjoy the mountain bike for 13 kms to Mae Taen Elephant Camp and elephant ride through the jungle. Then white water rafting to Akha village Back to Lisu Lodge for refreshments and enjoy hilltribe activities.
11. Off the beaten track (2days 1 night)
- Enjoy a 10 Km gentle bike ride followed by an elephant safari and a picnic. Afternoon raft for a 1.30 hr on Mae Taeng river, walk up to Akha hilltribe village to have tea with the locals.
- Ride back to Lisu Lodge. After dinner enjoy a display of dancing and Lisu music. Overnight at Lisu Lodge. The next day tour around the Lisu village and see a curing ceremony.
12. Samoeng Loop
- Drive along scenic roads which climb up and down hillsides of Samoeng District.
- The road climbs up and down hillsides. There are several beautifully landscaped resorts with good restaurant such as Bang Klang Doi Restaurant & Resort, Pong Yang Resort as well as Orchid Farms, Elephant Camps, Snake Farms and the Queen Sirikit Botanic Garden
13. Trekking 1-3 days.
- English Speaking guide, meal and accommodation are included.
14. Jungle Survival & Eco Adventure
- Trekking and absailing, including a Jungle Lunch cooked in bamboo and coconuts.
15. Chiang Mai Speed Way (go-cart)
- Test your driving skills and experience the thrill of high speed racing at the track.
16. Chiang Mai Sky Adventure
- Enjoy the thrill of Microlight flying and see beautiful views of Chiang Mai from the sky
17. Jungle Bungy Jump
- An experience that will scramble your insides and leave you with exciting memories.
18. Interesting museums Open
- Chiang Mai Art & Cultural Centre (Discover the true idenity of Chiang Mai City) Tue-Sun
- Chiang Mai National Museum (History to Lanna Kingdom) Daily
- Chiang Mai Art & Culture Museum (Modern Art) Tue-Sun
- Chateau Kum-Une Art Museum (Maerim) Daily
- Creative handicrafts "Baan Roi An Phan Yang" (Sanpatong) Daily
- Dara Bhirom Palace Museum, Mae Rim (Wife of King Rama 5) Tue - Sun
- Hilltribe living museum and NGO handicrafts Daily
- Insect Museum, Sirimanakalajaan Rd. Muang Daily
- Pa-da Cotton Textile Museum, Chom Thong Daily
- Postal Museum (Maeping Post Office) near Varorat market Tue-Sat
- Wat Ket Museum (There are many interesting antiques of Lanna displayed inside) Daily
19. Universities visit including lunch (full day)
- Chiang Mai University (general) ( min. 2 pax )
- Payap (Baptist)
- Mae Jo (Agriculture)
- Rajabhat Institute
20. Chiang Mai Bowling
- Bully Bowl, Kad Suan Kaew, Suthep Rd.
- Chiang Mai Bowling, Sripoom Rd.
- U.F.O. Bowling, Nong Hoi Rd.
21. Movies in Chiang Mai
- Enjoy the movie at the Media Shop with home-theatre sound system in comfortable room
- Vista 12 Huay Kaew, 12 Huay Kaew Arcade (2 theatres)
- Vista Kad Suan Kaew, Central Department Store (7 theatres)
- Major Cineplex, Central Airport Plaza (7 theatres)
- All movies in original language, Thai subtitle.
22. Bully Sing-A-Long Karaoke, the music fantasy for families.
23. Chiang Mai Zoo
- The first and only zoo in the North, Fresh water aquarium and Children's zoo
24. Silver Shop visit (Wualai) (half day)
25. A unique holiday retreat
Floating bamboo huts on the Mae Ngat Dam, picnic with bird watching or fishing, a unique holiday retreat.
26. Maetamann rafting (full day)
Elephant show and ride, ox cart ride, bamboo rafting and hilltribe village "Lisu village"
27. Chiang Dao Elephant Camp (half day)
Elephant at work show, elephant ride for 1 hr and bamboo rafting.
28. Hand paint your own bag or your skin at The Umbrella Making Center, San Kampang
29. Celadon Ceramic factory Chiang Mai (half day)
30. Hot spring at Sankampaeng includes bathing (full day)
31. Doi Inthanon (highest mountain in Thailand) (full day)
- Royal Project visit, waterfall and wood carving village.
32. Chiang Rai (full day)
- Golden Triangle and Mae Sai (border town include long tail boat on Mae Khong river and lunch.
33. Mae Hong Sorn (full day)
- Round trip air tickets, lunch, city tours, visit the Long Neck Karenee by long tail boat and Fish cave ( Specially in November BuaTong flower season )
34. Lampang (full day)
- Elephant Conservation Center and Elephant Hospital, ceramic factories, city temple incl. lunch (min 2 pax)
35. Golfing in Northern Thailand ( green fee and transport )
- CHIANG MAI
- Chiang Mai - Lamphun Golf Club ( 18 holes )
- Royal Chiang Mai Golf Resort ( 18 holes )
- Green Valley Golf Club ( 18 holes )
- Lana Golf Club ( 18 holes )
- Gymkhana Golf Course (100 years old) ( 9 holes )
- Majo Golf (18 holes)
- Doi Inthanon golf (18 holes)
- Alpine Golf (18 holes)
- Highlands (18 holes)
- Gold Canyon (18 holes)
- Lake City (18 holes)
- Stardome (18 holes)
- CHIANG RAI
- Waterford Valley Golf Club ( 18 holes )
- Santiburi Golf Club ( 18 holes )
- Happy City ( 27 holes)
- Mae Moh Golf Course ( 18 holes )
36. Doi Angkhang (based on half twin) ( 2 days )
- Royal Project visit, Bird watching including accommodation with breakfast
- **from June to September depending on season**
37. Shooting Adventure, (half day)
- Practice gun shooting with safe, high-tech arms and facilities, experienced coaches, a short drive from town.
38. Thai Buffalo Training Camp, (half day)
- You will learn how to ride and how the buffalo are trained, Thai Style farmhouse displays a unique rice farming demonstration from growing all the way to cooking of the rice.
39. Fly for fun with Chaing Mai Flying Club
- Visit and fly or learn how to fly with the Chiang Mai Flying Club, you can enjoy flying high with the experienced pilots or take flying courses to become a pilot yourself!
40. Sai Baht
- Offering food to monks at "Ta Pae Gate" at 07.00 AM or Wat Sri Soda (500 monks)
41. Cooking classes/Fruit & vegetable carving at the hotel (half day)
- (full day incl. lunch)
42. Tree planting in hotel garden with name sign
43. Lanna Folk Puppets Performance, (1.30 hrs.)
- The stunning and exotic puppets are newly created by Hobby Hut artisans and directed by lecturer of Chiang Mai University.
44. Visit McKean Rehabilitation Center and purchase handicraft made by (half day)
45. Zoo with animal interaction Marie Ann (half day)
46. Fresh markets of Chiang Mai, Ton Lam Yai and Warorot Market (half day)
- To get more experience about the life style of the local people
47. Naem Pa-Yon, Local Sausage Factory (half day)
48. Naen-Na Studio, traditional Silk weaving (full day)
49. Wiangping Children Home ( HIV Positive children ) (half day)
50. Blind or Deaf school visit (half day)
51. Oriental Balloon Flight (Early Morning)
- A gentle free-floating balloon flight over the mysterious contryside and get a certificate for your once in a lifetime memory. (1 hour)
- **Can Fly only Winter Mid of October until End of February**
52. Thai traditional ceremony, (full day)
- Join traditional Thai ceremonies in and around Chiang Mai with a tour guide, such as Songkran Festival, Loykrathong-Festival, Makabucha Day, Visakabucha Day, Asarnhabucha Day
53. Kantoke Dinner at Old Chiang Mai Cultural Center or Kum Kan toke
- Traditional Northern Thai dinner with cultural show.
54. Dinner Cruise along the Ping river, ( 3 hours )
- Cozy atmosphere with Thai traditional houses, temple and scenery of Chiang Mai.
55. Cabaret show at Simon Chiang Mai
- The Biggest Cabaret shows and entertainment in Chiang Mai
56. Popular Pubs and Restaurants with live music on the banks of the Ping River
- The Riverside Restaurant
- The Good View Restaurant
- The Gallery Restaurant
- The Resort
- The Cottage
- Huen Soontaree (Northern Thai Folk Music)
- Le Grand Lanna (Sankampaeng road)
For more information please contact Guest Relation Officers